How to get Appian current logged in USER NAME. I just need login id as text for

How to get Appian current logged in USER NAME. I just need login id as text for current logged in user.
thanks...

OriginalPostID-83588

OriginalPostID-83588

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

I am trying to get a username or email anything so I used loggedInUser() under display value in interface and choose a rule input to save it to data type which inturn is linked to a db, but when I submit form the record view is not displaying user name, it shows empty.

On other hand when I use rule input even for display value it is taking my input text and showing up in record view.

I just want to auto pick up username and insert in my record view which will populate my Datastore(Appian DB)

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to mkhaiserulla
    so I used loggedInUser() under display value in interface and choose a rule input to save it to data type

I have no idea what this means in terms of the configuration you're attempting to use, and even then I'm pretty unclear on what you're even trying to do.

What is your use case?  What is your starting point?  What is your on-form code?  Can you share a small code snippet and/or screenshots of your configuration?

Reply Children
No Data