Is! Appian available to download on Mac OS..? if not why.........

Appian Software is still not available to download on MAC OS X..
are they all planning to release a Platform Independent versions ..why aren't they still releasing such .. what about the MAC Users.... Thread it

Thanks & Regards
JB

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Well that’s an interesting question, jboss and WebLogic run on Mac, DB’ s (MySQL, KdB) run on Mac, java runs as well.

Let me share some thoughts about this.

Think about this as a final user even as a developer Mac is supported. Now the only role not supported is de administrator and maybe the developer. Another thing I could consider is that Appian is well known to have lot of instances on the cloud.

For Appian to support MacOs they will have to run a huge set of test scenarios. If it is worth I am sure Appian they will do.

Something I don’t know how many companies uses OSX as the OS to host applications servers.

At the end it sounds like you are sys admin which uses Mac then I am sure you will be able to create a virtual machine to install Appian on Linux.

This is what I think, but I still curious To know what actually Appian respond to this question, so if you open a ticket to ask the same please share the answer.
    Or you can make the suggestion or requirement depending how you need it.

Jose
  • Well that’s an interesting question, jboss and WebLogic run on Mac, DB’ s (MySQL, KdB) run on Mac, java runs as well.

Let me share some thoughts about this.

Think about this as a final user even as a developer Mac is supported. Now the only role not supported is de administrator and maybe the developer. Another thing I could consider is that Appian is well known to have lot of instances on the cloud.

For Appian to support MacOs they will have to run a huge set of test scenarios. If it is worth I am sure Appian they will do.

Something I don’t know how many companies uses OSX as the OS to host applications servers.

At the end it sounds like you are sys admin which uses Mac then I am sure you will be able to create a virtual machine to install Appian on Linux.

This is what I think, but I still curious To know what actually Appian respond to this question, so if you open a ticket to ask the same please share the answer.
    Or you can make the suggestion or requirement depending how you need it.

Jose
Children