Hello All, I have a requirement to keep process instance on hold aft

Hello All,

I have a requirement to keep process instance on hold after certain time if it is not completed.
just wondering is there any function which will keep the process instance on hold if i pass the process Id as input parameter ?

Can anyone pls let me know,how to achieve the above.

Thanks in advance!!!...

OriginalPostID-84610

OriginalPostID-84610

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I am not sure if this is the right approach for the use case. The business requirement of pausing a process may or may not correlate to the technical use case of pausing a process instance in Appian. I don't personally recommend pausing a process in that way. What you need is the option of controlling any action to be performed on that process. If that be the case, there are other ways to achieve this rather than pausing the process.
    In case you end up leaving the process paused indefinitely, its going to stay become a maintenance challenge. I suggest you discuss the solution in detail with your Appian architect or involve Appian PS to assist you with the best solution.
  • I am not sure if this is the right approach for the use case. The business requirement of pausing a process may or may not correlate to the technical use case of pausing a process instance in Appian. I don't personally recommend pausing a process in that way. What you need is the option of controlling any action to be performed on that process. If that be the case, there are other ways to achieve this rather than pausing the process.
    In case you end up leaving the process paused indefinitely, its going to stay become a maintenance challenge. I suggest you discuss the solution in detail with your Appian architect or involve Appian PS to assist you with the best solution.
Children
No Data