Appian Engine Issues v16.1 ERROR com.appiancorp.process.background.EngineWorkController

Hi,

Has anyone come across this error before:

ERROR com.appiancorp.process.background.EngineWorkController - Cannot retrieve engine burdens: Unable to acquire a Write connection.

Its crippling our system to a point of it becoming unusable. Any ideas or fixes are appreciated.

Note. we are unable to upgrade to a later version due it being a production environment.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I've encountered this on a project before. As I recall, in our case this error occurred because some of the engines were unavailable due to being under high load. The crux of this issue is determining why the engines are under high load at a given point in time. If you're on a cloud site, I recommend reaching out to support for assistance in that investigation. If you're on premise, you'll likely need to review the engine logs to identify potential culprits.
  • I've encountered this on a project before. As I recall, in our case this error occurred because some of the engines were unavailable due to being under high load. The crux of this issue is determining why the engines are under high load at a given point in time. If you're on a cloud site, I recommend reaching out to support for assistance in that investigation. If you're on premise, you'll likely need to review the engine logs to identify potential culprits.
Children
No Data