Need suggestions to Store and Retrieve Documents Remotely

Hello All,

I am trying to retrieve documents from  external server by using direct file location through Third party credentials. I found few smart services to get remote directory files.

1. Retrieve Files In Folder Over FTP

I am little confused on server file path(Path to Folder, Destination Directory), I tried passing multiple combinations of file path but it didn’t work. The process is getting completed                  without returning any document. If anyone had already done this, kindly pass me the inputs.

2. Get Remote Directory Contents  Over SFTP

I tried using this smart service but its failing and the error as below.

"Error Establishing SFTP connection. Confirm your hostname, username and password. Error Message: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)"

Kindly let me know if you have tried any of these smart services or if there is any other functions or smart services which we can use to remotely access files from Appian.

Kind Regards!!

Sujitha P

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello

File/Folder Path is the remote path, if linux then it should be something like /some/folder/

Destination Directory: where in Appian you want to store in the Knowledge center.

The time out error normally is because your server and port are not properly configured. Make sure the Appian server can reach those IP and server. Check if there is not a firewall. Is the server visible on the Internet?

Hope this helps

Jose
  • Hello

File/Folder Path is the remote path, if linux then it should be something like /some/folder/

Destination Directory: where in Appian you want to store in the Knowledge center.

The time out error normally is because your server and port are not properly configured. Make sure the Appian server can reach those IP and server. Check if there is not a firewall. Is the server visible on the Internet?

Hope this helps

Jose
Children
No Data