Cucumber giving an error when using gherkin syntax login with username

Hi All,

Cucumber is giving following lines of error when i am trying to use login with username syntax:-

org.openqa.selenium.InvalidSelectorException: invalid selector: Unable to locate an element with the xpath expression because of the following error:
SyntaxError: Failed to execute 'evaluate' on 'Document': The string '' is not a valid XPath expression.

And I login with username "username" # CucumberBaseFixture.loginWithUsername(String)
com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.exception.GenericTestException: message:<<An error has occurred: Login page - username>>
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.exception.ExceptionBuilder.build(ExceptionBuilder.java:78)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoLogin.login(TempoLogin.java:140)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsernameAndPassword(BaseFixture.java:427)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:457)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginWithUsername(BaseFixture.java:468)
at com.appiancorp.ps.cucumber.fixtures.CucumberBaseFixture.loginWithUsername(CucumberBaseFixture.java:68)
at ?.I login with username "username"(src/test/resources/Site.feature:7)

Strangely i am able to login to Appian environment but still this code fails around this syntax. Please provide your pointers for this.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible