Open a site page from another site page

I have a requirement to delete a record using related action. After performing that action that has to redirect to another page in the site.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I am assuming the real problem you're trying to solve is that when a record is deleted (through the use of a related action) that upon returning to the Summary page of the Record you deleted you get an error telling you you can't access the record (reasonably so, because you just deleted it!). One user-friendly option is to logically delete the record - that is, have an attribute called 'isDeleted' and set this to true in your Related Action. And in your Summary page you can determine if this is set to true and show and empty Summary page (or include a user-friendly message on your Summary page). When you navigate back to the Record List View you can then exclude (default filter) any record that is marked as deleted so they cannot get back to the record at all. If you want to actually delete the record you can then run a process overnight to actually physically delete the Record.

• I am assuming the real problem you're trying to solve is that when a record is deleted (through the use of a related action) that upon returning to the Summary page of the Record you deleted you get an error telling you you can't access the record (reasonably so, because you just deleted it!). One user-friendly option is to logically delete the record - that is, have an attribute called 'isDeleted' and set this to true in your Related Action. And in your Summary page you can determine if this is set to true and show and empty Summary page (or include a user-friendly message on your Summary page). When you navigate back to the Record List View you can then exclude (default filter) any record that is marked as deleted so they cannot get back to the record at all. If you want to actually delete the record you can then run a process overnight to actually physically delete the Record.

Children
No Data