export cdt to excel

Certified Senior Developer

I am looking for a way to export cdt list to excel from an interface using a single click download option. Do not want to store this data into table. Please suggest.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The older versions of the Excel Tools plug-in (2.0.0 and earlier) had the Export CDT to Excel node which worked well, but this has been deprecated, and so far we are still waiting to be provided a sufficient replacement. 

[They did provide the Export DSE to Excel smart service, out-of-box, which has some very nice features, but it also has severe limitations in comparison, such as your issue (needing data to come straight from the DB as a potential hinderance), as well as the complete inability to export data nicely on top of a provided base template and creating a new file.]

• Hi Mike, We have a requirement to export CDT to excel, but using export DSE to Excel requires multiple steps which is taking time and adding more number of clicks for user to download excel, Please suggest if we are using service call to get data on UI, how can we download that data grid in excel without persisting to DB.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to nupoorn0002

Your question really needs to be posted in the comments section for the Excel Tools Plug-in, since it used to include the Export CDT to Excel smart service until Appian decided to deprecate it with no warning or explanation.  As far as I know the current official recommendation from Appian is to persist data to the DB and use the Export DSE to Excel smart service.  To be honest, this shouldn't require any additional clicks if you set it up right, despite the extra complexity needed.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to nupoorn0002

Your question really needs to be posted in the comments section for the Excel Tools Plug-in, since it used to include the Export CDT to Excel smart service until Appian decided to deprecate it with no warning or explanation.  As far as I know the current official recommendation from Appian is to persist data to the DB and use the Export DSE to Excel smart service.  To be honest, this shouldn't require any additional clicks if you set it up right, despite the extra complexity needed.

Children
No Data