Link Interface

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

I would like to know why there is no such a link functionality as ProcessLink but which will works for Interface. To be able link to interface directly. 

What I want to discard is the creation of Report and than link to this report which will open the interface. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Do you have to link externally? What if you create a link that shows more details inline on the current interface?

You can have a dynamic link which could show or hide a section in your form with more details. Here's an example from the documentation on how to configure a grid that can show more details if you select a row.

I think it would also be helpful to describe your use case more from what experience you want the user to have so we can suggest the right procedure. For example, suppose I have a manager who receives a task to approve a purchase request. They also want to see the details of each item requested without linking to another page. In this example, I'd suggest creating a dynamic link somewhere on the form that can show / hide a section with the details of your items.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

Hello Peter, 

The link is internal.  Imagine how in the top menu where are the 5 principal buttons I can link them to Interface. The same way I would like to be able to link One Interface to another. Interface One have a button when I press it then to open another interface. 

• Did you try the dynamic link? I still think that is the best way to approach this use case if you don't want a report link. Here's another example of how that could work:

a!localVariables(
      local!currentInterface: 1,
      {
        a!linkField(
          links: a!dynamicLink(
            label: "Link to Interface 2",
            value: 2,
            saveInto: local!currentInterface
          )
        ),
        choose(
          local!currentInterface,

/* Replace this with your initial interface */
          a!sectionLayout(
            label: "Interface 1"
          ),

/* Replace this with the interface you want to link to */
          a!sectionLayout(
            label: "Interface 2"
          )
        )
      }
    )

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Vladimir Vasilev

I second Peter's response - Appian makes it trivially easy to invoke interfaces within other interfaces, all it takes is a negligible amount of structural planning.