Accidentally moved a folder into another folder - anyway to revert this? Also, "Move" option for an object is disabled.

Hi all,

I was moving objects between applications and accidentally moved our Sandbox Process Model folder into another folder in our main application. Is there any way to remove it again? It seems as though my only option when moving it is to move it into another folder, whereas before I don't believe it was in one, it was just in the other application.

Additionally, I'm trying to move a process model object into another folder, but the "Move" button is disabled - does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

Thanks for any help - I tried searching but couldn't find anything for the above.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

Hi johng0005,

I hope if you can move the same folder back into the previous location, your issue might get solved. Follow the steps below if you find that insightful!

The most efficient and easiest way to move objects (including folders inside other folders as well) is:

->Open your Application designer

-> Switch to Hierarchical View

-> Get into the folder where your object (folder in your case) is currently stored in

-> Find your object(s) and select them

-> Click on the Move option popped up when you select the object(s) 

-> Specify/Browse the destination Folder and click Move

Your task will be done in no time and you can do this with any object/folder you want!

As a quick check, you can make sure that the folder's objects are not open/being edited as that might hamper the movement in some cases and may disable the Move button as well.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shaguns0001

This doesn't actually answer the original question (again a very old thread, fyi), since the issue was how to move a folder back to root after accidentally moving it under another folder (since when using the "move" dialog, a destination folder is required, meaning that a folder can't be moved to root).

I actually don't know a way to accomplish this for process model folders, apart from creating a new one and replacing the original one (though maybe using the "open process model dialog" trick would work, i haven't tried).

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shaguns0001

This doesn't actually answer the original question (again a very old thread, fyi), since the issue was how to move a folder back to root after accidentally moving it under another folder (since when using the "move" dialog, a destination folder is required, meaning that a folder can't be moved to root).

I actually don't know a way to accomplish this for process model folders, apart from creating a new one and replacing the original one (though maybe using the "open process model dialog" trick would work, i haven't tried).

Children
No Data