Pass Local Variables values to Process variables

Hi,

How to send the data from a local variable in an interface to Process variable in Process Model. 

Can anyone let me know how to do.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Are you talking about changing a process variable after you've loaded the form, and being able to see the change?  Or changing a variable in the form, and without submitting the form, seeing the change in the process model?

You can't do either of those things.  They are a current limitation of the Appian product, and would be an AMAZING feature I've been waiting for years for someone to develop.  The main thing that would unlock is the ability for two people on two different machines to collaborate on the same task at the same time and see each other's work.

An immediate use case I can foresee right now would be planning poker.  Developers get cards labeled 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, and they all pick a card to vote on how many story points a story is.  Once they've all picked, the SCRUM Master instantly sees what everyone voted.

You can do something to the effect now, but you can only do it by saving to the database and querying from the database.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis

My assumption is that this user is asking about the basic/normal use case, i.e. they have one or more local variables defined on-form, and need to pass them back into PVs.  The earlier replies kinda covered this, though not very well (though not quite enough detail was provided in the original question).

• Is there a way to get all process variables from process model or process instance?

Reply Children
No Data