"An error occurred while executing a save: Could not decrypt item of type SAVE_VALUE". What causes this error?

Hi all,

The user is currently getting this error when they try to use one of the dropdown fields on one of our environments, and the logs show this:

ERROR com.appiancorp.core.expr.SaveEncryption - Received a save which does not start with the expected save encryption salt.

Any ideas what could be causing this sort of error?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hey Gavin,

We'd gotten a few scattered reports of this recently, so we looked into it further. We discovered that this is happening in a few edge cases where an interface would normally be refreshed, but didn't get the chance to fully refresh.

For example, someone enters an invalid input into an integer field with a default or placeholder value. They then immediately click submit, and then click submit again before the field has a chance to reset to the default value (which it would do when provided an invalid input). 

We are working on a fix for the issue, but I don't have a timeline that I can share at this point. 

However, I can say that the error, while confusing, is also entirely benign. A user can simply click "ok" if they see the error and continue with their work. 

We certainly do apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Children