File Upload Size Limit

Certified Lead Developer

Is this configurable?  What is it currently?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jake

None that I know of.  I'm fuzzy on the back-end mechanics but my theory is that, unlike file extension, Appian has no particular visibility into the size of a file fed into its file upload field until the upload has completed.  At that point it's effectively too late to have a preemptive size limit (in the same vein that the extension requirements work per my limited understanding); and then it may as well be left up to designers to implement a systemwide size validation of their own design, and internally require everyone who uses a file upload field to include that global validation rule within their field validations.  Again just conjecture on my part.

In any case -- I'd suggest if you have a strong use case for a max upload limit (i.e. configured in Admin Console next to the extension whitelist/blacklist), you submit it as a feature request with Appian.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike,
    If the user want to upload some supporting docs, In that application we have provided some limit like 10 MB is maximum.Now the user requested to increase the uploading Doc size..If we increase the limit to 50 MB. is there any performance issues will come..? or any disadvantages..Like application slowness.etc..Kindly clarify on it.. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Harsha Reddy

Hi,

This is a very old thread by this point, just FYI.  But no, there are no particular concerns beyond how much disk space will end up being used across all such uploads (since we get large, but not unlimited, disk space allotments in our cloud environments).  But using up a little extra disk space doesn't automatically cause slowness by itself.