Pdf generation with grid

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to generate pdf file with data in in tabular form.

I have a requirement where I need to generate the pdf having tables which contains rows defined dynamically.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Off the top of my head, your best bet may be the "PDF from HTML" Smart Service, found in the Dynamic Document Generator plug-in, since you could probably create an HTML table that would convert reasonably well.  Caveat that I haven't tried this directly, but it would probably be fairly easy to do a proof of concept and check whether the HTML table conversion abilities would be suitable for you.

Also the PDF Tools plug-in has some other advanced PDF creation smart services like "create PDF", but I don't think that has any inherent ability to create tables, though I could be wrong.  You might want to check out its documentation just in case.

Certified Lead Developer

Off the top of my head, your best bet may be the "PDF from HTML" Smart Service, found in the Dynamic Document Generator plug-in, since you could probably create an HTML table that would convert reasonably well.  Caveat that I haven't tried this directly, but it would probably be fairly easy to do a proof of concept and check whether the HTML table conversion abilities would be suitable for you.

Also the PDF Tools plug-in has some other advanced PDF creation smart services like "create PDF", but I don't think that has any inherent ability to create tables, though I could be wrong.  You might want to check out its documentation just in case.

Children
No Data