Script task

Certified Senior Developer

Does script task has any limitations?

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

- yes, in fact i mentioned this during an external conversation I had a bit later yesterday, referring to this thread (though it sorta slipped my mind when writing my above comment).  My mind is, however, still in the mode where I'd sometimes like to evaluate one expression and save different parts of the output into different PVs, without having to evaluate that expression multiple times or take multiple steps.  In such cases (admittedly pretty rare, when dealing with more complex process functionality) using a!map would work but would still be a workaround.

• I should also mention that using a CDT would fulfil the same concept. If you can reference a pv! then it's just as easy to reference an element in a CDT that's in a pv!. The Map was supposed to get around having to define CDTs to make this pattern work as you can generate them at run-time. But you also need to be pretty darn sure you know what your Map contains so that you address its contents reliably.

• Hi Mike,

If I understood you correctly, on saving different parts of the output to different PVs.

We can query the database in the input tab of Script task, and use that activity class param in the output tab.

So the query is executed only once and extract total count, data, and other fields to the different output PVs.