Disable document download link field in Read Only grid

Certified Associate Developer

Hi, 

I want to disable document link from read only grid if document is not exists or deleted from document folder.I am using following code to show and download document from read only grid.

a!gridColumn(
label: "File Name",
value:
a!linkField(
links: a!documentDownloadLink(
label: index(fv!row, "myFileName", {}),
document: index(fv!row, "appianDocId", {})
)
)
)

Please Suggest me any solution for this.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

For the past several years at least, I have strongly recommended that developers not use a!linkField() ... for anything, really.  Instead, use a!richTextDisplayField() which includes far more functionality and flexibility.  Within a!richTextItem, you can dynamically set a link with a showWhen parameter, and control what the text says (and its formatting) for different scenarios.  Pair this with functionality to check whether the doc ID is still valid (though I share Stefan's concern that you're deleting documents without updating the Database).

I forget (off the top of my head) whether there's an OOB function to check document existence based on ID, but one available plug-in is "Check Object Existence" which contains one simple rule that you pass an ID to and it returns TRUE or FALSE.

Certified Lead Developer

For the past several years at least, I have strongly recommended that developers not use a!linkField() ... for anything, really.  Instead, use a!richTextDisplayField() which includes far more functionality and flexibility.  Within a!richTextItem, you can dynamically set a link with a showWhen parameter, and control what the text says (and its formatting) for different scenarios.  Pair this with functionality to check whether the doc ID is still valid (though I share Stefan's concern that you're deleting documents without updating the Database).

I forget (off the top of my head) whether there's an OOB function to check document existence based on ID, but one available plug-in is "Check Object Existence" which contains one simple rule that you pass an ID to and it returns TRUE or FALSE.

Children
No Data