Is the Community hiding posts, or does the grid show history of deleted values

Certified Lead Developer

While looking at the grid I see that Mike posted the last comment. But when I navigate into the topic his post is not visible. I suspect is was deleted and the grid does not account for that. If so that seems kind of weird. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

My reply was under [the first reply under] a legitimately "spam" comment, which was pretty quickly removed after I flagged it.  The user account is still there though as of now, which is a little confusing seeing how that account's only 2 comments ever were both spam.  I assume the reason it still appears as if I was the most recent poster is something along the lines of, the thread is just hidden but not actually removed in the back-end (but that's purely a guess).

• Thanks for reporting this.  As Mike mentioned there was a spam comment and a few replies that were deleted. Currently, the grid view doesn't reflect this update and still records Mike has having the last comment on the post.  Our team will need to look into this further to see if there is a way to have the grid view refreshed.  

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sanchita Gupta

I know you guys have very limited control over the Community forum software (if any), but there's a threaded comment board technique used elsewhere that handles this situation pretty well: when a comment is removed due to abuse/spam, a placeholder is still seen with text saying "[deleted]" or similar, and threaded (unremoved) replies still appear below it as normal.