Best way to submit new feature ideas?

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

What is the best way to point out missing features of Appian? I am just wondering if there is any feedback mechanism aside to the community and support cases specifically for this purpose. I do already experience good support from Appian in general, but I am wondering if there is any place where I can view (and vote) new requested features / Appian roadmap?

For example I am missing:

1. Adding a dynamic link in an empty grid message
  2. Disable future dates in the date input field, https://community.appian.com/discussions/f/rules/18008/calendar-blockout-disable-hide-of-future-dates/70841#70841

I understand there are other priorities, but it would be nice to have an official avenue for submitting ideas. See also this related thread https://community.appian.com/discussions/f/user-interface/12151/product-improvement-idea

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Like Mike said, at this time we don't have an official process on Appian Community for submitting feature requests. However, we do actively look for feature requests here, so adding a new thread is a great way to surface them!

A few questions to help us understand these requests:

• Can you give more context on the business use case? For example, what are you hoping to do with a dynamic link in an empty grid?
    • What is the impact of these requests? Were you blocked completely or did you have a work around?

An important thing to remember when adding requests like this is that understanding why this is needed is the most important context. For example, adding a dynamic link to an empty grid is just one possible approach we could take; behavior of dynamic links usually matches the behavior of out-of-the-box "save" parameters. Helping us understand more about the why helps us prioritize accordingly.

Thanks!

• Like Mike said, at this time we don't have an official process on Appian Community for submitting feature requests. However, we do actively look for feature requests here, so adding a new thread is a great way to surface them!

A few questions to help us understand these requests:

• Can you give more context on the business use case? For example, what are you hoping to do with a dynamic link in an empty grid?
    • What is the impact of these requests? Were you blocked completely or did you have a work around?

An important thing to remember when adding requests like this is that understanding why this is needed is the most important context. For example, adding a dynamic link to an empty grid is just one possible approach we could take; behavior of dynamic links usually matches the behavior of out-of-the-box "save" parameters. Helping us understand more about the why helps us prioritize accordingly.

Thanks!

Children
No Data