We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Access denied error

Certified Associate Developer

Im facing an issue with a safelink that is pointing to a site. This  problem    just happend in  prod enviroment  while on  dev i don't have  this issue let me explain myself i have a site   that i  can get  in    throught the navigation menu  in both enviroments but i also have a safellink in a home page pointing to it  but when a particular user try to get in through the safelink   it throws access denied error. i also made a user in dev enviroment with the same permision in dev enviroment it didnt't happend

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Generally that means the logged-in user who's trying to view the URL in question doesn't have security access to it.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for replaying  but in this case i replicated all  the user pemisions on a user in dev an everything works perffectly but  in prod a person with the same permision  is not  able to get in  by the safelink  but in navigation   menu it is posible.

these are the permisions for the  record and the site to  which the safelink in pointing to.

this is the safelink in home  that is pointing to the site  and i'm pretty sure is the correct link cause i can get in with my user  with no problems. but for the user in hr is getting the access denied error

this site  will be only accesible   for admins and HR users

but    here in navigation menu   all of us can see the  site with no problems

as  you can see i don't have any weird rules betwen the safelink and the site  that could cause me that kind of problem.

I also thought  that it could be a cache problem i deleted the cache and tried opening a private windows but  it didn't work either

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to felixr

First thought: sure he gets in as he has administration user rights and the HR member doesnt.
    can you verifiy if the link is still working even if you have not admin rights? (type of user)

Reply Children