Questions About Certification Exams

Hi,
I want to take a certification exam, but I have some additional questions:

1) I am a little bit confused about entry requirements. Is it recommended or required to take part in Appian Application Design Training?

2) During registration I have found following statement: ,,Valid only on the current major Appian version (e.g., Appian 7.2).". I know that Appian 7.5 is comming soon, does it mean that if I take an exam before new release (on Appian 7.4) it won't be valid after release?

3) Will I get any learning material or is it only Exam?

Thanks,
Peter.

OriginalPostID-107802

OriginalPostID-107802

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• 1) Application Designer Level 1 is available to all Forum users and does not require training. However, the multiple choice exam is tough, and I would highly recommend Application Design course. Unless you have substantial project experience, I think it would be a waste of $99.
    2) We should word this a little better. What it means is that the exam content is going to pertain to the current version (7.4 right now) but if you pass, you will be certified on Appian 7 but not Appian 8.
    3) This is only an exam and it more or less covers content of Application Designer training plus other content from other courses and some project experience, for example, data design, etc.
  • #Peter ,One thing to beware of ACAD2 , the time starts from the day you have paid the fee and make sure you have at least 2weeks 40 to 60 hours of time to spare for the exam, its not an project/exam you can do in a couple of weekends. ACAD1 is an online 90mins like any other Microsoft /ORCL/ or Java certs. There is no material like someone would expect a training book or online material pdf etc. Appian 7.x documentation is all you have. Appian Best Practices is something good to read and if you have done END to END two or three projects then you can surely get through. Set your environment before paying the fee, else you will waste time to setup the environment where you will be working the project. I guess,The exam will be evaluated on Appian Cloud, so I advice you do the project on MySQL as database. Good Luck. Appian Designer Training is highly recommended where you learn the best practices in designing the app. Making the app running some how is one thing (not recommended), but doing the RIGHT way is what is being evaluated and make you pass.
  • Thanks for responses, I have already signed up for ACAD 1 yesterday, but I have one more question. Does it contains questions about SAIL?
  • Yes - The ACAD Level I questions do include SAIL as part of the subject matter.
  • Hi piotrb,

1) It is not required to take part any Application design training if you have project experience.
    2) No, it is not applicable, if you take exam on current version still it will be valid after new release also.
    3) You have go through the Appian documentation completely and designer videos .

thanks,
    sravani.
  • The material covered in an Appian Credential aligns to the content of the corresponding classroom course.  You may master these topics any way you chose, but taking the classroom course will be the most straight forward.  The information tested in the exam will correspond to the latest version of Appian, but your Designer Credential will remain in effect for 20 months.  Only the examination is included in the fee.  For more information, please consult the Credential FAQ.