How can I check if a doc exists in Knowledge Center within a process?

Certified Senior Developer

I have a process that gets a Doc ID to be deleted from the database. Before attempting to delete the doc, I would like to check if it exists in Knowledge Center? How can I do so?

See below highlighted node where I need to add this "Check".

Docs to be deleted node returns a list of Documents.

Check needs to search for IDs as an array, if not found, remove from array.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

check if it exists in Knowledge Center

Are you saying it should be in some specific knowledge center, and if it isn't in that specific knowledge center, then don't delete it?  Or are you merely saying you want to check that it's a valid document ID within Appian?  Since all documents are in *some* knowledge center to begin with.

Honestly the best place to do this might be in the code you're using for the "Docs to be Deleted" node - especially if you're handling that output with an expression rule where you can easily test different scenarios.

Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

check if it exists in Knowledge Center

Are you saying it should be in some specific knowledge center, and if it isn't in that specific knowledge center, then don't delete it?  Or are you merely saying you want to check that it's a valid document ID within Appian?  Since all documents are in *some* knowledge center to begin with.

Honestly the best place to do this might be in the code you're using for the "Docs to be Deleted" node - especially if you're handling that output with an expression rule where you can easily test different scenarios.

Children