Folder extraction from inside the document folder

Hi All,

In our application folder more than 4000 child folder reside inside the folder. First of all, I want to extract all the folder and show in the grid and then I want to seach them by folder creation Date.

Kindly guide me on how to do this.

Regards,

Vikram Kumar Singh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Is this a one-time initiative such as cleanup or something you need to build dynamically to utilize regularly?

Is the folder structure changing often or can we do something such as, have a separate process which loops all folders and records their metadata to the DB, where we can then display and search them from more easily?

I'm not sure of any mechanism that will allow you to search folder objects in memory real-time by created date directly (hence the DB suggestion above) unfortunately.  There are some non-scalable solutions we could implement such as looping the folders metadata into a local variable on form load with fn!folder(cons!ROOT_FOLDER,"dateCreated"), but again completely not scalable and certainly not recommended for 4000 folders.

Just to note, if you have the Content Tools plugin installed there is a function fn!getsubfoldersfromfolder() to easily pull sub folders from a parent folder without having to pull a folder's entire contents and filter out non-folder objects, but this nor the other functions that I am aware of have filtering capability on created date.

• Thank you Chris. Its really helpful. I will use DB approach to get the folder creation date.