These functions extend Appian content and offer document/folder search, directory listing, and the ability to get/set the searchable attribute of a folder.
Functions are designed for and only work on Appian content, not the local filesystem. All search functions assume the root folder and all subfolders are searchable. Search functions will not return results contained within non-searchable objects.
Useful to identify rules/constants with large number of versions when investigating high memory usage in the Collaboration engine. See https://community.appian.com/support/w/kb/441/kb-1226-content-collaboration-engine-consumes-high-memory for more information.
All functions use the serviceContext of the user account executing the expression at runtime.
NOTE: This plug-in should NOT be used in conjunction with Custom Content Functions as they are not compatible.
Michael Chirlin - fyi the findContentByAttribute function doesn't seem to suffer the same issue (when using wildcards at least) - i'm successfully able to search i.e. '* - Final*' and returning an appropriate result. Thanks for the suggestion about using wildcards, it hadn't occurred to me that this might be an option at all.
The below issue is being reported in the health check report.
Content Tools (com.appiancorp.ps.plugins.contenttools) references deprecated Appian APIs [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentService.approve(java.lang.Long) [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentService.getAllChildren(java.lang.Long, com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentFilter, java.lang.Integer) [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentService.getExpiredIds(java.lang.Long, java.lang.Integer, com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentFilter) [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentService.getPendingPaging(java.lang.Long, com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentFilter, int, int, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer) [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentService.unexpire(java.lang.Long)
Can you help to fix it?
Below issue is being reported in health check report.
Is it possible to rectify this?
Try something like this:
findcontentbyattribute( true, "document", "name", "*FINAL Grade")
You are right that it doesn't seem to return anything. One thing you can try for the time being is to use an * (wildcard) instead of space.
So search for "[class name]*-*FINAL Grade"
And last - using the new function, how do we find objects (files/folders) with a partial name match? My initial testing is suggesting that results are only returned when they are an exact match. This is useful for some use cases but at other times I believe I will need to find file(s) or folder(s) matching a pattern, or at least a partial string, and if there's no actual way to do that then it would potentially be severely limiting.
Also - I think there's a misprint in the "live help" text for the new function:
I'm assuming the highlighted text should actually read "document or folder".
Thanks, I didn't know that it had been functionally replaced. I might suggest that you still list the older function in the plug-in description above, if only to add the note that it's been deprecated and has a replacement available.
Hi Mike Schmitt, we'll evaluate this internally and get back to you once we have more feedback. Thanks for raising this.
Hi Mike Schmitt, please refer to the PDF documentation of this plugin (available upon download). You will check that this function has been deprecated and hidden from the palette. Existing implementations will still continue to function but future use cases should be handled with the new FindContentByAttribute function.
© 2021 Appian. All rights reserved.