Process Model Save and Continue

Certified Associate Developer

I have a process model and interface set up so when user clicks save and continue it exits the form to write to DB then a XOR gate that checks the user action, if it's save & continue it loops back to the interface. All of the nodes are activity chained. But for some reason it keeps exiting out of the interface instead of just loading it back up. Could it be because there are a lot of writes to database so it's delaying the loop back? I do have less than 50 nodes.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle
    you wrote that you had to get it increased for your use case.

I didn't mean to imply this, so if anything I wrote above led you to think this, then I apologize.  If it was the thing I was referring to on an old project where a long-running document generation was happening, I merely meant that the user would click "generate" and then wait for up to a minute to chain to the next screen with the generated document ready to view - that worked, as-is, without any "limit increase" or whatever;

The "by customer request only" comes in later: we tried to convince them that it was not a good UX to have the user sit there waiting that long (and this was before the "loading indicator" feature on button widgets.. heck, mostly before SAIL forms at all), but they insisted that we just leave it like that and not send the user to some intermediary task that they could wait on until the generation was completed (the approach we tried to suggest).

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

LOL. Got it! And all these limits are there for a good reason.