Link word document in email body

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I have a process that triggers emails to non appian users.This email body should have a link that could navigate to a word document to view or download it.Add attachments is also an option but I want the document to be in a link in the email body.can someone help me in achieving this.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

There is old (deprecated) functionality that can generate a URL link that would lead to the document (in a downloading context) within Appian, even from an external location like an email, but even that still requires an Appian login to authenticate into.

So nothing really satisfies the "non appian users" requirement other than email attachments, which work but can be kinda clumsy (and is very sensitive to over-large items), or using portals which, as mentioned, opens up some pretty gaping security concerns (though I guess you could include a unique PIN in the email and make the user type in their PIN at the portal page before exposing the document download, or some other approach that prevents external users from stumbling onto something they shouldn't see).

Certified Lead Developer

There is old (deprecated) functionality that can generate a URL link that would lead to the document (in a downloading context) within Appian, even from an external location like an email, but even that still requires an Appian login to authenticate into.

So nothing really satisfies the "non appian users" requirement other than email attachments, which work but can be kinda clumsy (and is very sensitive to over-large items), or using portals which, as mentioned, opens up some pretty gaping security concerns (though I guess you could include a unique PIN in the email and make the user type in their PIN at the portal page before exposing the document download, or some other approach that prevents external users from stumbling onto something they shouldn't see).

Children
No Data