Is there a way to deprecate a group? I have some groups that are part of an app

Is there a way to deprecate a group? I have some groups that are part of an application which are no longer relevant to the business and they would like to have them removed. I've tried removing them from the parent group and restricting who can see them. Any other suggestions would be welcome....

OriginalPostID-127600

OriginalPostID-127600

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Well....if you have components that still rely on them, then negatively :-)

If you are using any of the groups to make assignments, control the visibility of tempo posts, define instance security, or access to documents etc.. then I wouldn't delete them.

If this just a case of the business not wanting to "see" them, in say the groupPIcker fields, on forms you could try using the "groupFilter" parameter to limit the list of visible groups?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Well....if you have components that still rely on them, then negatively :-)

If you are using any of the groups to make assignments, control the visibility of tempo posts, define instance security, or access to documents etc.. then I wouldn't delete them.

If this just a case of the business not wanting to "see" them, in say the groupPIcker fields, on forms you could try using the "groupFilter" parameter to limit the list of visible groups?
Children
No Data