I have a field on a form that is of type TEXT and holds a value of a date. For

I have a field on a form that is of type TEXT and holds a value of a date. For example the user enters mm/dd/yyyy as a string. I have an Output Expression to convert this string to a DATE by using the todate() function and sent to a Target field that is a type DATE.
The problem is the Target field always contains the DD - 1 day. So if user enters 10/11/2005, then what is saved in the Target is 10/10/2005?
Why is the DD decreased by 1 day during conversion? Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-131196

OriginalPostID-131196

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Scott, why not just use a date field type to capture a date?
    Also, remember that dates are really datetimes in GMT in Appian engines so look through your conversion process to find where the users local GMT offset is being applied. Test it in the rules interface.
  • Mike, moving on to a followup question. It appears the date we are sending to the "smart service" Query Database, which is a sub process the date that is showing with 1 DD less while we debug. It's actuall 4 hours less. The date that is entered on form is 10/11/2005 12:00AM, but in the sub process query we see it as 10/10/2005 8:00PM.... 4 hours less. Is there a setting somewhere that may be controlling time of day, etc? Thanks
  • This is what we are finding now. We have a field added to Oracle table as a Date type. When I select this field using the Query Database it displays the field 1 day less than how it is stored in database. For example; on the table it is "11-NOV-00", when I select it displays in variable as "11/10/2000 7:00PM", which is 1 day less. Also the date inserted into the table is correct, but when retrieve it is wrong. Does anyone know how this is happening? Thanks!