I have a field on a form that is of type TEXT and holds a value of a date. For

I have a field on a form that is of type TEXT and holds a value of a date. For example the user enters mm/dd/yyyy as a string. I have an Output Expression to convert this string to a DATE by using the todate() function and sent to a Target field that is a type DATE.
The problem is the Target field always contains the DD - 1 day. So if user enters 10/11/2005, then what is saved in the Target is 10/10/2005?
Why is the DD decreased by 1 day during conversion? Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-131196

OriginalPostID-131196

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This is what we are finding now. We have a field added to Oracle table as a Date type. When I select this field using the Query Database it displays the field 1 day less than how it is stored in database. For example; on the table it is "11-NOV-00", when I select it displays in variable as "11/10/2000 7:00PM", which is 1 day less. Also the date inserted into the table is correct, but when retrieve it is wrong. Does anyone know how this is happening? Thanks!
  • This is what we are finding now. We have a field added to Oracle table as a Date type. When I select this field using the Query Database it displays the field 1 day less than how it is stored in database. For example; on the table it is "11-NOV-00", when I select it displays in variable as "11/10/2000 7:00PM", which is 1 day less. Also the date inserted into the table is correct, but when retrieve it is wrong. Does anyone know how this is happening? Thanks!
Children
No Data