Adding a new language to the appian evironment. In this, when i go thru the docu

Certified Senior Developer
Adding a new language to the appian evironment. In this, when i go thru the documentation at:

forum.appian.com/.../Adding_a_New_Language
It read,
"Once you have added your desired locales to the custom locale-config*.xml file, translate all text from Java, JSP, and XML files to the new languages that have been configured for the system."
Does this means we need to have our own translate texts for the entire appian instance??
Any recommendation in this is useful....

OriginalPostID-62897

OriginalPostID-62897

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Hi Sathya, the language of the forms displayed is decided on the default locale of the logged in user. Currently as Appian has few locales defined, I had created those many properties file to be used in the forms with traslate rule.
    It is not necessary that the developers use those languages.
    If, for run time display, we have any other solution to show the form in different language without adding a new language it is v helpful and may reduce most of the devlpmnt time we have estimated!.
    Please let me know about this.
    Hi Sathya, the language of the forms displayed is decided on the default locale of the logged in user. Currently as Appian has few locales defined, I had created those many properties file to be used in the forms with traslate rule.
    It is not necessary that the developers use those languages.
    If, for run time display, we have any other solution to show the form in different language without adding a new language it is v helpful and may reduce most of the devlpmnt time we have estimated!.
    Please let me know about this.
Children
No Data