Any ideas why I can export with no issues, but upon Import I am getting several

Any ideas why I can export with no issues, but upon Import I am getting several errors similar to: The content [id= uuid=_...] was not imported because a required reference is missing ...? I am importing onto a different machine.

OriginalPostID-176946

OriginalPostID-176946

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are no constraints during an export. The export log shows you a list of items that are referenced but not included in the application for you to review it an verify if you want to include them or not.

The export cannot fail because of this given you might not want to include all referenced objects all the time, that's why this is provided to you as an informational message in the export log. For example, if you just made an edit to a model but all other objects are present in the target environment already you will only want to export the model.

On the other hand for importing the requirement is: if the object is not present in the target environment but is referenced by an item you are importing then an error should occur.

That said, always review the export log or use the Missing Precedents feature (aka Missing dependencies) and judge whether the missing items really need to be included based on what you modified and what you currently have in the target environment.
  • There are no constraints during an export. The export log shows you a list of items that are referenced but not included in the application for you to review it an verify if you want to include them or not.

The export cannot fail because of this given you might not want to include all referenced objects all the time, that's why this is provided to you as an informational message in the export log. For example, if you just made an edit to a model but all other objects are present in the target environment already you will only want to export the model.

On the other hand for importing the requirement is: if the object is not present in the target environment but is referenced by an item you are importing then an error should occur.

That said, always review the export log or use the Missing Precedents feature (aka Missing dependencies) and judge whether the missing items really need to be included based on what you modified and what you currently have in the target environment.
Children
No Data