Any ideas why I can export with no issues, but upon Import I am getting several

Any ideas why I can export with no issues, but upon Import I am getting several errors similar to: The content [id= uuid=_...] was not imported because a required reference is missing ...? I am importing onto a different machine.

OriginalPostID-176946

OriginalPostID-176946

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    Make sure you check for "Missing precedents" before exporting your app. If that doesn't find anything, try using the getcontentdetails plugin (in the export environment) to find the specific missing item. forum.appian.com/.../summary
  • There are no constraints during an export. The export log shows you a list of items that are referenced but not included in the application for you to review it an verify if you want to include them or not.

The export cannot fail because of this given you might not want to include all referenced objects all the time, that's why this is provided to you as an informational message in the export log. For example, if you just made an edit to a model but all other objects are present in the target environment already you will only want to export the model.

On the other hand for importing the requirement is: if the object is not present in the target environment but is referenced by an item you are importing then an error should occur.

That said, always review the export log or use the Missing Precedents feature (aka Missing dependencies) and judge whether the missing items really need to be included based on what you modified and what you currently have in the target environment.
  • The export log has no issues, it says everything is perfect. I create a new Application, and only add one process model. Regardless of model, after a perfect export, I always get the same import error: "Reference to processModelFolder [_xxxx...] (PM Folder) cannot be found." Any ideas how to resolve? Should I create a dummy process model on target machine?
  • This looks like a different error. Let me explain this a little bit more:

1. If you are exporting a model, you need to export the Process Model folder too if it's not present in the target environment
    2. If the model references any other item such as constants or rules and they are not present in the target environment, they need to be exported too.
    3. And so on.

The good news is you don't have to reinvent the wheel by guessing, you should be using the button called "Check missing dependencies". This button will give you a list of all items the model needs to be successfully imported. Simply add all of them (or at least the ones that are not in the other environment). This will do the trick.