Has anyone ever displayed a news entry and its comments in a SAIL interface? May

Has anyone ever displayed a news entry and its comments in a SAIL interface? Maybe I dreamed it, but I remember seeing this before.

OriginalPostID-192839

OriginalPostID-192839

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    Appian does not recommend accessing the primary datasource (now Appian datasource).
    So, if the entry is posted via process, store the entry ID in the DB. This would give you links you could present in SAIL forms. Take it further and store the author and date and text.
    However, if you are looking to display this on a record, tag it and it will show up in the News related dashboard for that particular record.

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks Christine.
    I've considered everything you mentioned here and I like that you assumed I would be digging into the primary db, which is a fair assessment and currently option C.
    My goal here is to replace our bespoke comments in a case management type application with the built-in news feed that Appian provides. My goal is to give users the ability to read and write comments from various process and record interfaces.

As is, I can only display a link to the news entry in an interface. That's not a very smooth workflow when completing a task. I also have a hybrid approach where I double post the comment to the news feed and the business db. But I would have no way of keeping the two comment lists in sync. My third option, which naturally Appian would not support, is creating a view into the primary db that lets me pull in the actual entry details and comments.

Oh well, I must have imagined a function that pulls this data itself.
  • That is helpful. Unfortunately it's close but not quite hitting the mark for me.
    I ran into another issue with permissioning the news entry the way we need. So we're ditching the news feed and staying inside the application for our conversations.