Has anyone ever displayed a news entry and its comments in a SAIL interface? May

Has anyone ever displayed a news entry and its comments in a SAIL interface? Maybe I dreamed it, but I remember seeing this before.

OriginalPostID-192839

OriginalPostID-192839

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks Christine.
    I've considered everything you mentioned here and I like that you assumed I would be digging into the primary db, which is a fair assessment and currently option C.
    My goal here is to replace our bespoke comments in a case management type application with the built-in news feed that Appian provides. My goal is to give users the ability to read and write comments from various process and record interfaces.

As is, I can only display a link to the news entry in an interface. That's not a very smooth workflow when completing a task. I also have a hybrid approach where I double post the comment to the news feed and the business db. But I would have no way of keeping the two comment lists in sync. My third option, which naturally Appian would not support, is creating a view into the primary db that lets me pull in the actual entry details and comments.

Oh well, I must have imagined a function that pulls this data itself.
  • Thanks Christine.
    I've considered everything you mentioned here and I like that you assumed I would be digging into the primary db, which is a fair assessment and currently option C.
    My goal here is to replace our bespoke comments in a case management type application with the built-in news feed that Appian provides. My goal is to give users the ability to read and write comments from various process and record interfaces.

As is, I can only display a link to the news entry in an interface. That's not a very smooth workflow when completing a task. I also have a hybrid approach where I double post the comment to the news feed and the business db. But I would have no way of keeping the two comment lists in sync. My third option, which naturally Appian would not support, is creating a view into the primary db that lets me pull in the actual entry details and comments.

Oh well, I must have imagined a function that pulls this data itself.
Children
No Data