Is there a way to allow the users to access only the appian sites page and restr

Is there a way to allow the users to access only the appian sites page and restrict access to other tabs in tempo?
I have a scenario wherein the users are supposed to access only the apian sites for the purpose of completing the tasks assigned to them and should not be able access to news, records, reports and actions.

OriginalPostID-198646

OriginalPostID-198646

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @jayanthik Afaik there isn't any such possibility apart from controlling the interface to refrain from displaying the links that make the User to navigate to one of the five tabs in Tempo Interface.

And you might be aware of this, but to reiterate, you can make the Site as the User Start Page for those users whose work is solely dependent on Sites.

I see that few approaches such as on the fly accounts creation, deactivation etc are being suggested but I would like to suggest to give thoughts over it or discuss with an architect as I personally opine that it's not a right or suggested way of doing things. My suggestion would be to educate the Users about the Tempo interface if possible, as it's a standard way of accessing Appian objects by the end user. Else making a Site (that consists of task report) as start page for users whose work doesn't require standard Tempo interface (5 tabs) should do the work until and unless the user doesn't try to navigate by constructing the url manually.
  • @jayanthik Afaik there isn't any such possibility apart from controlling the interface to refrain from displaying the links that make the User to navigate to one of the five tabs in Tempo Interface.

And you might be aware of this, but to reiterate, you can make the Site as the User Start Page for those users whose work is solely dependent on Sites.

I see that few approaches such as on the fly accounts creation, deactivation etc are being suggested but I would like to suggest to give thoughts over it or discuss with an architect as I personally opine that it's not a right or suggested way of doing things. My suggestion would be to educate the Users about the Tempo interface if possible, as it's a standard way of accessing Appian objects by the end user. Else making a Site (that consists of task report) as start page for users whose work doesn't require standard Tempo interface (5 tabs) should do the work until and unless the user doesn't try to navigate by constructing the url manually.
Children
No Data