Hello everyone. I'm trying to solve for an issue that has rendered the news

Hello everyone. I'm trying to solve for an issue that has rendered the news feed useles for our organizeation. I have a number of processes where a request is entered by a user, assigned to a group, then a user from that group takes ownership. The request may get reassigned to different users to complete the work along the way. I want to have a news feed item that gets generated when the request is submitted only visable to the requestor, then when the analyst picks up the request, the feed should become visable to them also. If the request gets reassigned, the feed should become visable to the new analyst also. The problem is that once the viewers are established, I have no way to update who the viewers are. So I'm stuck with only the reqeustor or everyone since I don't knwo who the analyst will be when I initiate the post and I have no idea how many times the task may get reassigned. Follow record doesn't help since it is still limited by the securi...

OriginalPostID-205086

OriginalPostID-205086

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Well, just when I though personalizeation may help me, I dug deeper to find I need to set the personalization group in the process model while initiating the first feed item. This leaves me no better off than the Viewer group option and would still force me to have a dynamic group for each instance of the process. Hopefuly a way to reset the viewers will come in the future, for now it appears I'm stuck. On A side note, is there any way to default the news page to open with Participating selected? That may help a little.
  • Well, just when I though personalizeation may help me, I dug deeper to find I need to set the personalization group in the process model while initiating the first feed item. This leaves me no better off than the Viewer group option and would still force me to have a dynamic group for each instance of the process. Hopefuly a way to reset the viewers will come in the future, for now it appears I'm stuck. On A side note, is there any way to default the news page to open with Participating selected? That may help a little.
Children
No Data