Cannot clean up locked type when importing application

I am trying to import an application from a 16.1 environment to a 16.2 environment. But I am getting an error about locked CDT.

"A data type could not be updated because it or one of its dependents is currently being updated somewhere else in the system. Please try again later. Details: Invalid Type: Type Error: Cannot clean up locked type - {urn:cdt:isg}ISG_REIMBURSABLE_CHARGE_DETAILS"

Is there a known problem and workaround for exporting and importing from 16.1 to 16.2 version?

Thanks
Nikhil

OriginalPostID-211511

OriginalPostID-211511

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Was it a blank 16.2 environment? Can you reproduce it consistently? Can you please share the application that contains the data type that is giving this error. You can email it to me or open a support case and attach it with the ticket.
  • This is a new environment with 2 or 3 new applications which were imported successfully. When we tried to move an another application we are facing this issue. @Zubair I have send you the package in email. Can u please give me Ur email id.
  • Hi All - was there any resolution to this error? Our server became temporarily bogged down in the middle of uploading a new version of a CDT, and now we are receiving the same error message. The environment is not new, and was working fine beforehand. We have had no issue versioning other CDTs since then, but are still unable for the one in question.
  • If you can please provide some details of how you got the error then it will help us find out where the error is and how to fix it. Were you importing an application when you got the error or just trying to update a CDT through Data Type Designer? Any chance that anyone else was updating that CDT at the same time? Did the application include other data types? Does the data type that errored out have other dependent data types or (nested) precedent data types? Do you still get the error if you try to import it again after one hour?
  • Thanks for the response, Zubair - here are the steps which caused the error to occur:
    1. Download [OPA_Supplier] CDT
    2. Update XSD file to add new field
    3. Navigate to designer interface and upload new version of [Supplier] CDT
    - After upload, but during update, I was unexpectedly logged out of Appian.
    - The CDT was not being uploaded by another user at the same time.
    4. After logging back in, the [OPA_Supplier] CDT is no longer available in the list of CDTs.
    5. In attempting to upload the XSD again, I received the following error message:
    "A data type could not be updated because it or one of its dependents is currently being updated somewhere else in the system. Please try again later. Details: Invalid Type: Type Error: Cannot clean up locked type - {urn:com:appian:types:opa}OPA_Supplier"
    - The CDT only has primitive data fields and no nested CDTs.

We have tried uploading through both /design and /designer portals, logging out and in, uploading with a different user, uploading it within an application, and even restarting the Appian server, but to no avail. It has been > 2 hours since this occurred, and we are running v16.2.
  • Any chance you can provide us the process design kdb file? If not then can we have a WebEx session so we can look at it in the WebEx session?
  • Hi Zubair - Luckily, we tried uploading the CDT again this morning, and it updated successfully! My current guess is that it is related to checkpointing of the engines after several hours - perhaps that's along the same lines you were thinking? Thanks for your support!
  • The data type and its dependent data types get locked when you update a precedent data type. For some unrelated reason when your connection to the app server was dropped, the data type was left in a locked state. You do not see locked data types on the UI. The lock expires after one hour if you try to update that data type again. But you mentioned that it was still reporting the locked error message even after 2 hours of seeing the error message. We wanted to look at the data type dependency tree to understand if some other dependent data type was causing it to lock again or if there is any other problem. Checkpointing does not change the locked state of data types.
  • Hi Zubair, we are also getting the same error. In our case, the CDT is not dependent on any other CDT. We also tried logging out and then logging in.
  • @Chetan - Please try importing the application again one hour after the last time you got the error. If you still see the error then please send me an application that I can use to reproduce the error. Even if the error does not reproduce then send me an application that contains all the data types.