Hi, We are a cloud customer using VPN tunnels to connect to our SQL Server

Hi,
We are a cloud customer using VPN tunnels to connect to our SQL Server database in our location. We are not a large shop so we don't have large databases.

Whether you are on a similar setup or not, has anyone experienced timeout issues with the database? The message that users see is:

Error Evaluating UI Expression
Expression evaluation error in rule......
at function a!queryEntity: An error occurred while retrieving the data

If the user clicks the refresh button a few times it may work which means the issue is intermittent. A lot of the times, the data source is a view that is not pulling a lot of data (200-300 records) so it is not a large data set and we did use a view to reduce the amount of fields to pull.

The problem with this issue is that there could be so many possibilities of the cause - database utilization, VPN connection, etc. If anyone else has had this issue, how did you go about isolating it and did you get it resolved?

OriginalPostID-212834

OriginalPostID-212834

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I've seen these errors before, and they're usually an issue that's independent from VPN. VPN may add up to a 100ms latency, but these timeouts occur at 10s. I would recommend having DBA check indexes on the db, and use tools like profiler to make sure the indexes that are set up are actually being used. SQL server can sometimes have a mind of its own in this regard.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I've seen these errors before, and they're usually an issue that's independent from VPN. VPN may add up to a 100ms latency, but these timeouts occur at 10s. I would recommend having DBA check indexes on the db, and use tools like profiler to make sure the indexes that are set up are actually being used. SQL server can sometimes have a mind of its own in this regard.
Children
No Data