We are on 7.11 cloud. I have a question of group membership.

We are on 7.11 cloud.

I have a question of group membership.

So when user is removed from any group, does the change affect immediately? For example, I am a member of user group "ABC - Group". And tasks of Job IDs 1, 2, and 3 are assigned to the group "ABC - Group". As I am a member of the user group, I can see tasks of Job IDs 1, 2, and 3. Now, my manager removed me from ABC - Group. Now, does the Job IDs 1, 2, and 3 immediately get removed from my queue, or do I need to sign out and sign back in the Appian?

The purpose of this question is when I am trying myself (to remove from group) the change gets affected immediately without me logging out and logging back in. But, several users in my company has reported that the changes are not effective immediately. They have to ask user to log out and log back in in order to make changes affective.

What could be a reason for this? Could this be some sort of caching issue?

Thanks for the help.

Akshar.

OriginalPostID-214982

OriginalPostID-214982

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks all for the responses.

@Tom, We do have two servers in production where users see this behavior. As per them this wasn't the case before couple of weeks. Moreover, it is a common use case to change the membership of users to different groups everyday. I tried replicating this issue in our production environment as well as development environment. I could not reproduce the behavior. I am still going to do some more shadowing in order to check go to the root cause of this.
  • Thanks all for the responses.

@Tom, We do have two servers in production where users see this behavior. As per them this wasn't the case before couple of weeks. Moreover, it is a common use case to change the membership of users to different groups everyday. I tried replicating this issue in our production environment as well as development environment. I could not reproduce the behavior. I am still going to do some more shadowing in order to check go to the root cause of this.
Children
No Data