Has anyone implemented Fitnesse for Appian on a Linux environment? I have set u

Certified Lead Developer
Has anyone implemented Fitnesse for Appian on a Linux environment? I have set up both Jenkins and Fitness running on Ubuntu 14.04 and everything is running smoothly thus far but would like to avoid any issues that may come up. I was worried the ubuntu browser (firefox) may be buggy with Appian since it is not supported but it seems to be running well.

OriginalPostID-215593

OriginalPostID-215593

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi forrestr. I reinstalled XVFB, firefox and i am able to run Fitnesse test outside Jenkins. But when i use Xvfb plugin and start fitnesse through Jenkins its giving no display specified error. But from the logs i can confirm that the fitnesse is started and the DISPLAY environment variable is also set properly. But if i start fitnsse seperately and choose the option "Fitnesse Already Running" option in Jenkins and provide necessary configuration without using Xvfb plugin i am able to run Fitnesse test cases successfully through Jenkins.
  • Hi Priya,

I am facing a similar problem. I installed fitnesse in a linux machine and I am trying to run a fitnesse script from the browser. In the execution log i am getting the below error.

Standard Error:
    Jul 17, 2018 1:50:12 PM org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxOptions toCapabilities
    INFO: Preferring the firefox binary in these options (/usr/lib64/firefox/firefox rather than /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox)
    Jul 17, 2018 1:50:12 PM org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxOptions toCapabilities
    INFO: Preferring the firefox binary in these options (/usr/lib64/firefox/firefox rather than /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox)
    1531815612235	geckodriver	INFO	geckodriver 0.21.0
    1531815612239	geckodriver	INFO	Listening on 127.0.0.1:30930
    1531815612435	mozrunner::runner	INFO	Running command: "/usr/lib64/firefox/firefox" "-marionette" "-foreground" "-no-remote" "-profile" "/tmp/rust_mozprofile.4lCUxy8nhgNs"
    Error: no DISPLAY environment variable specified
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:770)
    	at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.FluentWait.<init>(FluentWait.java:96)

I have installed XVFB and X11.

If I open a terminal and execute "/usr/lib64/firefox/firefox" "-marionette" "-foreground" "-no-remote" "-profile" "/tmp/rust_mozprofile.4lCUxy8nhgNs"  manually, it works fine and I can see a ton of logs being written. 

I have also set the DISPLAY environment variable in the .bash_profile. Still it shows "no DISPLAY environment variable specified", when i Test from browser.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sidhant Behura

• Hi Sidhant. Try to start the fitness with the XVFB Command
  • Hi Priya, 

I have XVFB running in the background.

[root@localhost ~]# ps aux | grep Xvfb
    root 7571 0.0 0.0 112704 956 pts/8 S+ 14:10 0:00 grep --color=auto Xvfb
    root 21070 0.0 0.4 218644 19340 pts/0 Sl 12:40 0:00 /usr/bin/Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x768x24

Can you please give an example on how to start Fitnesse with XFVB command.

Regards,
    Sidhant Behura

• You Can start XVF and Fitnesse in the same command prompt. Run the below two commands before starting the fitnesse server
    Xvfb :99 &
    export DISPLAY=:99

or you can start fitnesse server with teh following command as prefix
    xvfb-run startfinesse.bat
Reply Children
No Data