Hi All, I have a scenario like I am able to do the work using the Servlet a

Hi All,
I have a scenario like I am able to do the work using the Servlet and later I was able do the same work using a!startProcessWriter function.
Will there be any performance Impact,
Also which is the better way .

OriginalPostID-217855

OriginalPostID-217855

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @harshav So a!startProcess() is available from 16.2 and so you can discard this from options list.

And when you compare the Servlet and fn!startprocesswrite(), it might be worth making use of fn!startprocesswrite() as per my knowledge. If you are working with Appian Cloud, Appian would be able to assist you just in case if there is a problem with the plugin. Further I am not sure about how you will make use of Servlet if you would like to trigger a process from SAIL interface, but fn!startprocesswrite() will greatly aid you in doing so. Coming to performance, as both the components aren't OOTB we may need to proceed with keeping an eye on the execution times.
  • @harshav So a!startProcess() is available from 16.2 and so you can discard this from options list.

And when you compare the Servlet and fn!startprocesswrite(), it might be worth making use of fn!startprocesswrite() as per my knowledge. If you are working with Appian Cloud, Appian would be able to assist you just in case if there is a problem with the plugin. Further I am not sure about how you will make use of Servlet if you would like to trigger a process from SAIL interface, but fn!startprocesswrite() will greatly aid you in doing so. Coming to performance, as both the components aren't OOTB we may need to proceed with keeping an eye on the execution times.
Children
No Data