Can we pass Parameters to a Task from External System while Redirection through URL

Certified Lead Developer
Hi,
I have a requirement where i need to redirect the control from any External System to Appian task where i need to pass some parameters along with Task URL, which i need to capture in a Form as the URL mention below

172.18.255.41:8080/.../536874653
Where "status" is the parameter Name so finally i need to capture it's value i.e. OK and place it into SAIL Form Field

Is there any way to do this

OriginalPostID-240505

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Aloks,
    what is the exact purpose of doing this for calling Task URL from sail form,
    if you want to update the status from sail form or
    you want to display the status on next form.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I just need to pass some information's from the External Systems into Appian and based on that i want to populate some contents into Interface as well as i would like to store these details into DB, so the agenda is to get External System data into Appian process model and Update the Process Variable values, but these should happen while Redirection from External to Appian Application. Please suggest if any way is available to achieve this. Thanks
  • @aloks, For sending the information from external system and capturing it in Appian, we have 2 ways to do that. You can expose your process model as a webservice and invoke it in external system or create a Web API and using a!startProcess (available from 16.2 version) and invoking this web api from external system should trigger your process model in Appian with the values submitted in external system.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @neelimaj790 As per my Understanding, if i expose my Process Model as WebService then it will generate a new Task, but my requirement is if i already have one Task Open, i need to get the data on the same Task Page rather than having an extra Task. Let's assume, i am trying to perform a Transaction, in such cases the user is expecting to get the response on the same page rather than getting an another page an asking him to open that Page. So in my Application, i am triggering the Control from my Application to External application and on External System user is performing some operation and it's result is needed to return to the same Task page from where the request was sent. This is what my requirement was and still i am working on it.
    Certified Lead Developer
    If there is any other way to achieve the above requirement, then please let me know. Thank you all for your Suggestions