Signed Image

I have used case to Capture Signed Image on PDF for Mobile. Attached Image sign has been created from IPAD using Appian App. Business user want the Signature to be of Thick Line instead of think line. Please advise on this. Thanks!!

OriginalPostID-246339

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• The signature width is set inside the iOS application code. As far as I know, there's no way for a user to change it.
    If your users are frequently needing to sign documents, it may be worth permanently storing the signature image. That's what I've done in the past. I use my own user management application to store additional data on each user. One of those fields is a signature image. That image could be drawn on screen or cropped from a scanned document for a more authentic image.
    Then when a form is signed the system just pulls that same image in and places it on the screen\\document. I find it to be quicker, more consistent, and helps to avoid the lazy credit card signature where they just draw a line so that they can finish the task with less effort. It's a bit more development and setup effort, but is easily justifiable if used frequently.
  • Hi jegadeeswarand,
    We are trying to implement the same thing as yours. Capturing electronically signed signatures on ipad for consent form. How were you able to implement above? Did you had to create your own smart service? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I am stuck right now. I have looked into docuSign Integration, signed pdf plugins, a!fileUploadField component but nothing fits our case. Thank you in advance,
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to jamesw644

Hi James, when you indicated you use your "own user management application"  is this an appian application. We you able to crop the scanned image to a specific (x,y) - (x2,y2) location?

I need to do this for new registrants in a classroom and need to apply their scanned signatures to documents.