expression to get the environmental URL

Hiya all,

Is there an expression that can be used to the the base URL for the environment - the xx.yy.com/suite part?

TIA,

Gareth

OriginalPostID-259636

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hiya Tim
    We had that system (constant, array constant and a choose statement which you set up for us!)... but the environmental constant can be easily overwritten by accident which changes the behaviour of the site - not by me I hasten to add!

So I was looking for a more fool-proof way to identify the environment and use that instead.

rule!APN_getSiteUrl() seems to work nicely...just hoping that the deprecated nature does not come back to haunt me!

Gareth
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to garethm
    To avoid environmental constants from being overwritten by accident when deploying to higher environments, you can keep all of the environment dependent constants in a separate application, so when stories/applications/releases/bugs/etc. get deployed, the environment objects never get accidently deployed or overwritten. However, this means an extra step must be added to "deployment instructions" to handle manually editing environmental constants from one env to another.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to alexandera
    Of course this is now unnecessary in 17.1 and above - simply set environment constants as "environment specific", and then even re-importing a newer version of a constant won't overwrite the version currently on that environment.
Reply Children
No Data