return response back from process model

HI All,

here is the requirement:

we need to create a REST service which receives some input parameters and based on input parameters response need to return. But, here response is given by a user not any rule or query entity. This service will be used from external source. So whenever external source will hit the service it will expect some response.

I created a process model for this and assigned task to user for the response. In the web api i started this process model by using a!startprocess . web api only initiate the process model but not wait for completion as its(a!startprocess) property but i need response back from user .

How can i do this? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhay  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for reply manish,

but how second service will reply to external system because we can only invoke the appian service when user/external system will submit the input after that session will expire . Then after that how you can send the response without any request. please make me wrong if i am saying anything wrong.
  • Hi Abhay ,

Your main Idea is to capture a user response , So when you create a task for user , you need to add some identifier in appian which will be passes down to other system , for example . If Some external service wants the user to submit his details , So when you create the job for user , you have to make the user ID as identifier and when user submit the request from Appian , the same will be passed to the external system which will identify the response for which request Id.

I am not sure the same suits you becoz you mentioned for session , if you think that user will respond in the same session than I do not think its possible . But with the 2 service approach it is quite possible .