return response back from process model

HI All,

here is the requirement:

we need to create a REST service which receives some input parameters and based on input parameters response need to return. But, here response is given by a user not any rule or query entity. This service will be used from external source. So whenever external source will hit the service it will expect some response.

I created a process model for this and assigned task to user for the response. In the web api i started this process model by using a!startprocess . web api only initiate the process model but not wait for completion as its(a!startprocess) property but i need response back from user .

How can i do this? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhay  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The main reason is that the startProcess start the process asynchronous, so you will never regret be able to do that.

But the approach suggested is a good one, create an id insert it in a table, when the user answer put the answer in the table, and give certain status to that table.

Create a second test service to query that information, after certain time( this is trying to simulate the sync that you want)

Be careful with the polling time because you can insert lot of queries to appian when doing that from a different system.

There are another more complicated ways to give the response back to the external systems like emails, jms or writing directly to your external DB, I am not sure if you want to start messing with those options.

Best regards
    José
  • The main reason is that the startProcess start the process asynchronous, so you will never regret be able to do that.

But the approach suggested is a good one, create an id insert it in a table, when the user answer put the answer in the table, and give certain status to that table.

Create a second test service to query that information, after certain time( this is trying to simulate the sync that you want)

Be careful with the polling time because you can insert lot of queries to appian when doing that from a different system.

There are another more complicated ways to give the response back to the external systems like emails, jms or writing directly to your external DB, I am not sure if you want to start messing with those options.

Best regards
    José
Children
No Data