Error in Webservice call

Hi,

If webservice call is happening over SAIL Interface  with a button click to display list of data returned from webservice in the form of grid, How can we handle if webservice returned some error, webservice call is not successfull, webservice call got timed out.

Thanks

Namrata

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Namrata,

If the SOAP service times out, Appian throws a pink error.

Any other error should have a specific error code and message. These can be used to handle the error and show a corresponding message to the user.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to saksheer0001
    Agreed with Saksheer, AFAIK we cannot handle these pink screen errors, there might be possible cases to get pink screen error.
    If you use a!webserviceQuery function in sail and out of the box we may not handle this issue.
    I have n't come across these Implemenations.

I would like to provide you an approach. If you get any issues like above what you can do is like trigger a process model that will hit the webservice and gives you the Required Data in CDT's and loop back to the same User input task.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to saksheer0001
    Agreed with Saksheer, AFAIK we cannot handle these pink screen errors, there might be possible cases to get pink screen error.
    If you use a!webserviceQuery function in sail and out of the box we may not handle this issue.
    I have n't come across these Implemenations.

I would like to provide you an approach. If you get any issues like above what you can do is like trigger a process model that will hit the webservice and gives you the Required Data in CDT's and loop back to the same User input task.
Children
No Data