Integration Appian with SAP

Hi ,

I am little bit confusion about SAP and SAP BAPI.

Both are same or different?

I have a usecase for integrate appian with SAP, but when i gone through the appian documentation here I saw some of the function related to sap.

a!sapInvoke( scsExternalSystemKeyusePerUserCredentialshostnameclientNumbersystemNumberbapiimportParameterstableParameters) here what it meant for BAPI property.

what about these 2 properties "importParameters", "tableParameter

i gone this links, but not clear understand

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.4/Invoke_SAP_BAPI_Smart_Service.html

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.4/fnc_connector_sap_a_sapinvoke.html

If anyone have any idea. Please provide me the inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello bhanu,

SAP is a company/Vendor (as Appian)

BAPI you can think of a web service (SOAP)

SAP BAPI then is similar to say Appian WebApi, Appian rule or something similar.

Internally the function calls the Jco (java connector) to sap and

The importParametes are single parameters and table parameters  is for multi value.

In previous answers I have mentioned that you will need the Chi connector installed in Appian.

Hope this helps

Jose

Some links I think can help.

Hi all, Does anyone know if Appian can receive documents through SAP BAPI, by using the sapInvoke function? Also can Appian send documents directly to SAP BAPI, or is there a middle layer required for…
    By in Discussions > Integrations
    4 replies

I´m trying to use the sapInvoke function this way: But I get this error. "SAP dependency not found" message: "Could not find the SAP dependency for this connector. Please ensure that you've provided…
    5 replies

• Hello bhanu,

SAP is a company/Vendor (as Appian)

BAPI you can think of a web service (SOAP)

SAP BAPI then is similar to say Appian WebApi, Appian rule or something similar.

Internally the function calls the Jco (java connector) to sap and

The importParametes are single parameters and table parameters  is for multi value.

In previous answers I have mentioned that you will need the Chi connector installed in Appian.

Hope this helps

Jose

Some links I think can help.

Hi all, Does anyone know if Appian can receive documents through SAP BAPI, by using the sapInvoke function? Also can Appian send documents directly to SAP BAPI, or is there a middle layer required for…
    4 replies

I´m trying to use the sapInvoke function this way: But I get this error. "SAP dependency not found" message: "Could not find the SAP dependency for this connector. Please ensure that you've provided…
    5 replies

Children
No Data