Hello All, Looking for information on launching and / or interacting with a

Hello All,
Looking for information on launching and / or interacting with a mainframe 3270-based application and Appian. We have a mainframe-based application that is accessed using the Reflections 3270 emulator. Much of our business process is done in that application. How can we make that part of our overall business process? Thoughts? Thanks....

OriginalPostID-95315

OriginalPostID-95315

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • That would be my recommendation as well as my research shows that there are no feature complete and dependable java based TN3270 (3270 telnet) libraries. The recommended scenario by many parties is to create a web services layer for interaction of modern systems with 3270 mainframe emulators running applications with the web service integration pulling data from the mainframe applications via screen scraping or other methodologies.
  • That would be my recommendation as well as my research shows that there are no feature complete and dependable java based TN3270 (3270 telnet) libraries. The recommended scenario by many parties is to create a web services layer for interaction of modern systems with 3270 mainframe emulators running applications with the web service integration pulling data from the mainframe applications via screen scraping or other methodologies.
Children
No Data