Is there a way to store the Appian process models into external source control t

Is there a way to store the Appian process models into external source control tool like subversion or Windows Team Foundation Server (TFS)?

I am having a difficulty of recovering the deleted process models as the version history of those process models were also deleted and there is no easy way to restore them rather than rolling back my previous kdbs or go back to my previously exported application package backups and resolving missing dependencies after I import them back into Appian (which is a very tedious process to do)....

OriginalPostID-37315

OriginalPostID-37315

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Sathya, many thanks on your response.

Exporting the proces model as an app on regular basis is what we are trying to do now. The only drawback with this approach is when we try to export a page that is being shared by multiple processes.

This would mean that we need to export all the processes required by that page to resolve missing dependencies as in fact we probably only require one process model to be exported (along with dependent rules and constants). If someone else has an unfinished process models in that page, then their version will be included as well in. If we are going to use the exported package as a patch to the production or UAT, then the non-relevant processes that got exported into the package will affect the system from a working version to a possible non-working version.
  • Hi Sathya, many thanks on your response.

Exporting the proces model as an app on regular basis is what we are trying to do now. The only drawback with this approach is when we try to export a page that is being shared by multiple processes.

This would mean that we need to export all the processes required by that page to resolve missing dependencies as in fact we probably only require one process model to be exported (along with dependent rules and constants). If someone else has an unfinished process models in that page, then their version will be included as well in. If we are going to use the exported package as a patch to the production or UAT, then the non-relevant processes that got exported into the package will affect the system from a working version to a possible non-working version.
Children
No Data