Email Display Name not appearing on Outlook

Hello everyone. I am trying to display my sender display name in this format eg. John Doe <johndoe@gmail.com>, much like the below when i click open the email. As u can see, 'GDS GPLS' is the name, followed by the email wrapped in <...>

I have configured in my Process Model as such 

But upon receiving the email, the display name is not shown beside the email. Can anyone help me understand why? I also added 

conf.mailhandler.ntf_sndr_name in my custom.properties file but doesnt work.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK, in addition to the "sender" email address you add, Appian still sets the "from" email address (as seen in the email headers) to the environment's "Admin" email address, i.e. the one set only in configuration files and not touchable at all from the "design" side.  Then, different mail servers and/or clients will notice that the domain of the "sender" email doesn't match the domain the email actually originated from, and they take different actions designed to prevent spoofing / phishing attacks etc.  In many cases that I've seen, Outlook will display the "sender" line as something like, "admin@yourEnvironment.com on behalf of donotreply@yourEnvironment.com".  I've raised this issue with Appian before but they've told me there's nothing further they can do about it.

Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK, in addition to the "sender" email address you add, Appian still sets the "from" email address (as seen in the email headers) to the environment's "Admin" email address, i.e. the one set only in configuration files and not touchable at all from the "design" side.  Then, different mail servers and/or clients will notice that the domain of the "sender" email doesn't match the domain the email actually originated from, and they take different actions designed to prevent spoofing / phishing attacks etc.  In many cases that I've seen, Outlook will display the "sender" line as something like, "admin@yourEnvironment.com on behalf of donotreply@yourEnvironment.com".  I've raised this issue with Appian before but they've told me there's nothing further they can do about it.

Children